What is yoga therapy?
Yoga therapy is a personalized process that works to heal the "whole" person. Traditional yoga teachings hold the belief that we are multi-dimensional people, believing that we are much more than body, much more than mind.
In Sanskrit we refer to these bodies as Koshas. Balancing the five layers of your being is the basis for our Yoga Therapy program. The five koshas are:
1. Physical Body
2. Energetic Body
3. Mental Body
4. Wisdom Body
5. Bliss Body
Together these five layers make up the Self. Yes, that’s you as your happiest, healthiest, most content, joyful, peaceful and loving expression. Sounds like a beautiful place, right? It is.
Yoga builds on this sense of interconnection. You’ll find that when you are in a place that you can enjoy your body and being active (without pain and stress), you’ll start to investigate your habits, patterns and health in other areas. It may sound far fetched, but the path of yoga will allow you to start living in a way that better reflects who you really are. You know the you under the pain, confusion, fear, frustration, stress and strain.
Tools that we will use include yoga postures adapted for you, postural correction, breath practices, relaxation techniques, self inquiry, and diet and lifestyle considerations.
Who will benefit from yoga therapy?
From a physical standpoint, not every group yoga class is suitable for people with injuries or special needs. With private yoga or yoga therapy sessions, the poses are modified and personalized in a way that works best for you and your body. For the most part, this personalization is simply not possible in group settings.
While we could make a list of “ideal” people that would benefit from yoga therapy, we choose not to. Basically it ranges from one suffering from a physical pain such as back pain to psychological pain such as emotional distress. Yoga Therapy facilitates healing in the person in all levels.
However, your yoga therapist will not diagnose you. We are here to guide you through a self empowering process that leads to deeper understanding and self discovery.
Explain to me the Yoga Therapy process you use?
We want to make this is simple and accessible as we possibly can. That’s why we’ve created a five step system that addresses healing on all levels:
Step One: Complimentary Phone Consultation
Step Two: Working With The Physical Body – Two hours
Step Three: Healing With The Breath & Energy – One hour
Step Four: Working With The Mind & Emotions – One hour
Step Five: Creating a Personalized Home Practice - One hour
What you’ll get:
- Five hours of working one on one with a Yoga Therapist.
- Tips, tools, techniques and assessments that will provide a mile long list of benefits.
- Unlimited email access to address your questions and needs.
- Personalized yoga schedule as recommended by your Yoga Therapist.
- Personalized list of yoga product recommendations to enhance your yoga practice and encourage continued growth.
What you’ll learn:
- How to work with traditional yoga poses in a way that “fits” your body and needs.
- How to breathe properly and how to use your breath for instant de-stress.
- The interconnection of mind/body and how they must work harmoniously together for the greatest amount of joy, health and well being.
- How to use a personal mantra to attract that which you seek.
- Which foods give you fuel and leave you feeling at your best.
- A personalized home yoga practice that best suits your needs and the current stage of your life.
What’s the price of learning about yourself, your needs and desires while living from a place of great ease, peace and joy….$400.
If you’re ready to heal, love your life and embrace your goodness then email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org We’re looking forward to it!