Barefoot Works New Year’s Yoga Retreat at Shaker Village
…is a weekend retreat for all levels of yoga students & kindred spirits wanting to connect with themselves and others, feel good in their body, revel in the inspiring energy of a brand new year, and get super inspired and intentional about how you want to move through 2017.
January 5-7, 2018
What we’ll explore during this weekend yoga retreat:
- Practices that will focus on strengthening your connection to your body, mind, and spirit. Yes!
- Tuning into the energy of the New Year. Hello excitement and opportunity.
- Four yoga practices that will leave you feeling all satisfied and satiated. Mmmmm.
- Reflecting, getting clear, dreaming & scheming and mapping out a year that energizes and excites you! Hallelujah!
- Reveling in the simple joyful pleasures of wholehearted conversations, countryside hikes, hot cocoa, ecstatic movement, deep breathing, gravel roads, and the awe inspiring Kentucky countryside. It’s gonna be soul satisfying. Ahhhh.
This retreat is for YOU if::
- You are in need of some major rest, relaxation, and inspiration.
- You are interested in exploring how yoga offers a powerful framework for living a joyful life.
- The thought of being surrounded by beauty energizes you. Beautiful scenery, beautiful people, beautiful practices. The landscape and the energy at Shaker Village are perfect for retreat.
- You want to experience daily miracles.You want support and time to contemplate what would make this one of your best years ever. Maybe even the best.
- You are ready for more love. Love for yourself. Love for your practice. Love for nature. Love for your Life. More love is my answer for essentially everything.
This retreat is likely not the best fit for YOU if::
- You only want to do physical yoga the whole time. Our practices and sessions are a beautiful mix of asana (yoga postures), meditation, reflection, writing, and discussion. It’s ahhhhhmazing, but not for everyone.
- You are not open to seeing how your yoga practice fits into the rest of your life.
- You don’t think farm animals are ridiculously cute. Ok, just kidding! Mostly. Although there are the cutest farm animals at Shaker Village and I haven’t met a person yet who hasn’t been charmed by these guys.
I’m in. Are you?
Let me set the scene…
Surrounded by stacked rock walls and lantern-lit paths, sits a retreat from the busy world. Come and find historic treasures, simple connections and maybe even yourself.
The Inn at Shaker Village is located less than thirty miles from Lexington, Kentucky and within short driving distances from many of Kentucky’s hallmark attractions, including storied distilleries and vineyards, legendary horse farms and notable historic sites. During your retreat you’ll stay in a room with a view at The Inn at Shaker Village. Rooms are spread throughout 13 restored 19th century buildings. Inn accommodations feature Shaker reproduction furniture, hardwood flooring and private baths. Nestled in the rolling hills of Kentucky’s famed Bluegrass Region, the Inn is the perfect place to retreat, complete with views of the gently rolling countryside.
During your retreat we’ll dine by candlelight on delicious foods and Shaker specialties where true southern hospitality abounds. During breaks you can explore Shaker Village, tour America’s largest restored Shaker community, browse two craft stores, and explore 40 miles of trails. Or simply enjoy your historic room. Spend time reading, writing, dreaming, or simply relaxing. It’s your retreat after all.
Registration costs $349 for a double room or $449 for a private room.
This includes your historic room, one picnic lunch, yoga, workshop sessions, amazing people to down dog with, delightful conversations, and whatever else your yoga heart desires. This is your weekend. How refreshing is that?
Frequently asked (and thought) questions:
What will the weekend look like? Here is a tentative schedule…You can check in at The Inn any time after 3:00 on Friday. We’ll meet for our opening, yoga session, and discussion from 5:00 – 7:00, followed by dinner. Saturday will be a full day together. We’ll meet from 9:00 till 12:00 and from 2:00 till 6:00. We’ll have a yoga session/workshop and closing on Sunday. Departure will be at lunch time (but of course you can hang around and enjoy the trails and sights at Shaker Village if you’d like).
How “good” at yoga do I need to be in order to attend? You must be able to levitate for five minutes. Kidding! All levels of yoga practitioners are very welcome and encouraged to attend. If you are uncertain for whatever reason please send me an email or give me a call.
I’m feeling the desire to go, but I’m nervous. Should I come anyway? You are welcome to join. You belong. Even if you can’t do a headstand. Even if you’ve never been on a retreat. Even if you don’t know anyone else. Even if you haven’t done yoga in months. Even if you think it seems silly and you don’t know why you want to come. I’m very casual and the people that join me on retreat are just the loveliest.
What do I bring for the weekend yoga retreat? Your yoga mat and any yoga goodies (props) you have. If you have blankets, blocks, or bolsters please bring those. I’ll be bringing props from the studio also so if you don’t have these that’s ok. Bring a journal, pens, inspiring reading material, and any devices (cameras, iPhones, flip, etc.) to remember your weekend. If you have any “things” from home that will bring you joy and support you in your retreat then please bring them along. Before the retreat I’ll email out suggestions for packing. Most importantly, bring an open mind and heart. And a sense of humor too.
How do I get to Shaker Village?
The address is 3501 Lexington Road, Harrodsburg, Kentucky 40330
- From Lexington – Follow Harrodsburg Road, US 68 West approximately 25 miles.
- The entrance to Shaker Village is on the right.
- From Cincinnati – Follow I-75 South to Lexington. Take exit #115, Newtown Pike. Turn right onto Newtown Pike. Follow Newtown Pike 1 ½ miles to New Circle Road, KY 4. Take exit #2, Harrodsburg Road. Turn right onto Harrodsburg Road, US 68 West and follow approximately 25 miles. The entrance to Shaker Village is on the right.
From Louisville – Follow I-64 East to exit #48, Lawrenceburg-Graefenburg. Turn right onto KY 151 South. Turn right onto US 127 South and continue to Harrodsburg (about 30 minutes). At first stoplight, turn left onto US 127 South By-Pass. Turn left at stop light onto US 68 East and follow approximately 7 miles. The entrance to Shaker Village is on the left.
What is the cost of the weekend yoga retreat?
|Private room is $449|
|Shared room is $349|
What happens now?
Click here to claim your spot.
What if the unthinkable happens and you need to cancel? No refunds will be issued. You can however gift someone with your retreat if you’d like.
I’m so hoping you’ll join me for this weekend yoga retreat to practice yoga, to dream up your year, to connect with yourself and others, to relax, to savor the season, and to have fun.
Yes. Yes. Yes.
Let’s do this.